Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Illustrated Letter

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

I had begun to feel nervous about suggesting Mail Art because although I was a fine letter writer I have never participated in anything of this kind. It is good to feel that I am outside my comfort zone because it reminds me how others feel when they arrive on the site and are daunted by the sheer talent around them.

Then my muse came walzing in the room, her gown making a lovely sweeping noise as she arrived. Tonight I watched the Antique Road Show and saw some illustrated letters.

So my first partner for the Snail Mail Mail Art will be getting an invitation to join my crazy world - Insanity Inc.

I think I could quite enjoy this illustrated letter writing. But I don't think my letters will ever fetch the price that the ones on the Road Show were going to fetch. Bad luck folks! You will simply have to find some other way to make your living.

3 Comments:

At 8:04 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Oh cheers, Heather, finally here and creative ideas are jostling for a place. Sorting, sorting, too.

Does anyone you know ever have a need for matches and matchboxes? I have two small bags full of used matches in boxes. The boxes are all in perfect condition.

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Megan Warren said...

The match boxes would be perfect to use for collage art or little shrines, perhaps we could do a swap. One of my scrapbook pages was a page of vintage matchbox covers.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Good ideas. How would a swap usually be done?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home