Friday, February 10, 2006

Chinese Lantern Collage Effect

I didn't know how to go about making a real
lantern, so decided to experiment. With materials
and some creative brainstorming, I realised I
already had things to hand that I could use
for a collage. I rounded up some used tissue
paper saved from Christmas, some yellow
netting from a supermarket lemon bag, used
matchsticks to make the lanterns look realistic, and
some cotton thread from some incense for
hanging threads. The net gives texture, the idea of which I
got from a book, and the tissue is thin enough
to show it through. I already had some insect
stickers in my kit so they came along for the ride.

3 Comments:

At 3:34 PM, Blogger Gail Kavanagh said...

This is fabulous - it sizzles!

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Megan Warren said...

this is great - it is so vibrant, I never would have thought of putting those colours together.
Megan

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Cheers Megan;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home