Sunday, March 12, 2006

inspire me Thursday - senseless



This was the first time I have used acrylics so it was very much an experiment. It was difficult to make it completely sensless as my eyes were used to choose the colours. First of all I folded a piece of watercolour paper in half and covered it with water. I then put dabs of acrylic paint on to the surface without trying to make any conscious pattern or design and tried to get some of the paint to run. I folded the paper in half and brayered it flat. (This was something we used to do with coloured inks and which I wanted to try again but couldn’t find my inks in my crowded craft room). Then I spritzed it with silver moonglow and sprayed fixative (which did smell) on to the surface which made the moonglow move across the paper. No sounds in the house – just the twittering of birds outside the kitchen window.
I had no idea of what the end result would be and I now have the perfect background for a future piece of work and I have the feeling that there is a ghostly figure lurking in there somewhere.

4 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Like you Carol I had great trouble making something 'senseless'. It really was a bit too challenging given that as artists we all rely so heavily on our senses. I love the effect you have achieved and can see a person emerging. Great!

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, I saw the lovely sillouette of a womans back. Beautiful!
a.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Yes, this is great. Love the colour too.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Okanagan Valley Garden said...

It looks magical and mystical. I can hardly wait to see what you do with it!

Bobbi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home