Thursday, January 12, 2006

Favourite collage & journalling artists

My favourite collage artist is author Nick Bantock. He is the author of Griffin & Sabine.
His most recent book - Urgent 2nd Class - is a handbook for creating art using old maps documents etc. like he uses in his books.

http://www.nickbantock.com/

Another of my favourites is Lynne Perrella. Her work is inspirational. She has two books -
Artist journals & Sketchbooks and Alphabetica (I've got the latter on order).
Here's the link to her website

http://www.lkperrella.com/

4 Comments:

At 4:55 AM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

My sister loves Nick Bantock. What a talent. Thanks for these pointers.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Rhonda Halushka said...

Yes! Love them both. Her new one is good. There are a few others out now too... I will make up a listing I think and post it (probably can't til this weekend though).

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger SylviaK said...

Hi All,
I had the opportunity to spend four days at a workshop with Nick Bantock! That was quite a dream come true and I have most of his books also. He is a very good teacher and interesting person as you could imagine. this workshop took place in Montreal at the Carole Segal Art Studio. She has closed her studio, but I'm so glad I had opportunities to take four workshops there.

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Megan Warren said...

I met Nick Bantock when he came to Western Australia for a Book Festival. It was wonderful to hear him speak about his artwork and writing. How I envy you and the workshop Sylvia - I can imagine it was an awesome experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home