Thursday, January 26, 2006


Pressed flowers were the only way to go with the beautiful handmade papers that Monika sent to me. I'll try to describe them - the piece on which the vase rests is a lovely soft cream colour, embedded with tiny flower petals - the green piece used for the vase looks like marbellised paper and has sprinkles of glitter - as this already had a curve in it, I cut another one and made it into a vase for the pressed geraniums. The leaves are torn out of another piece of handmade paper.
The lovely shreddy earthy brown piece on the right gave the piece balance and anyway, I couldn't resist adding it - it's so beautiful.
This piece will be framed and kept as a memento of the Mail Art Group.


The left over piece from the vase was used here, just to accent the pressed flower, which it does beautifully.

This was great fun! And I still have the stamped pieces and button and sequins to play with from Monika's inspirational package.

2 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Imogen Crest said...

Gail I am just stunned at what you have done with these pieces! Also love your commentary. Very balanced and Japanese feel to it. I am just thrilled, and also that you have some bits in reserve. I adored the brown piece too, love to have a go at making these things. I think it's from matted bark fibres. You will treasure this, and I love the geraniums and pressed flowers. Divine.

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Heather Blakey said...

Wow! Poor Rhoz does not have anything nearly as exciting to work with in the envelope I sent. These are very lovely Gail. Well done! And your card for Carol is pretty spectacular as well. Oh dear! Back to the drawing board for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home